Sunday, November 22, 2009

Holiday Season Dangers

It is that time of the year when we start to have parties and attend parties. I recently had a few friends over and did the normal thing, clean, cook, and clean some more. Before my guest arrived a ventured through the house and turned on small lamps and lit candles. I checked all the candles and made sure they were in a good location and had protection under the candle. I was sitting with my guest talking and laughing, something brought my eye over to a table I had in the corner. I looked and immediately jumped up and went to the table to blow out the candle; the holder I had put under the candle did not hold all the melting wax. I was just sick; my new silk table cloth was ruined. I left the wax to cool, after the party the wax was now cool enough to remove. I remove the top portion of the wax, but it had gone through to the interlining and the lining. It was at the edge of the table so now my lamp has a new location on the table. You can't see the wax, but I know it is there. So during your holiday season please be careful with you decorations. I have had wax issues before and could remove the wax. When wax is melted on silk it leaves a grease spot that is very hard to remove. I hope this warning will help you to have a safe and mistake free holiday. The trouble maker was this small candle holder on the right the cup was not large enough to hold the candle size "I" put in the container.

No comments:

Post a Comment